Monday, April 30, 2007

Random new articles

I've ran across a couple good articles I wanted to share with everyone.

ADO.NET Entity Framework
I'm not sure if this is applicable to our project, but it is definitely worth looking into for a future version at least.
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb399572(VS.90).aspx

Top 10 Custom WPF Panels
It is always great to learn how to more effectively create custom panels. Good examples.
http://rrelyea.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!167AD7A5AB58D5FE!1887.entry

Embedding fonts into a WPF app
A quick tutorial on how to embed fonts into a WPF app. Could be useful in the future.
http://www.nickthuesen.com/?p=8

Family.Show
A cool looking end-to-end tutorial written by Vertigo which demonstrates good WPF practices. Probably a good read for everyone.
http://blogs.msdn.com/tims/archive/2007/04/27/our-first-wpf-end-to-end-reference-sample-family-show.aspx

Blendables
Looks to be a very promising company with some cool widgets. Several seem directly applicable to our product.
http://www.blendables.com/

1 comment:

noluckmurphy said...

The ADO.NET Entity model sounds a lot like the data model that Cromer described when he did his DS team's special topics presentation on Sharepoint development.

Is this the same thing?